what personal data do we collect
When you visit our website, we gather information that relates to your device, your browser and to the way you navigate our website content, such as:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your device
- the IP address of your Internet Service Provider
- device screen resolution
- device type (unique device identifiers)
- browser and operating system versions
- geographic location (country only)
- preferred language used to display
- the date and time of access to the website
- the internet address from which you were directly linked through to our website
- the control system that you use
- the parts of the website that you visit
- the pages of the website that you have visited and the information that you viewed
- the hyperlinks you have clicked
- the material that you send to or download from our website
If you choose to download our reports or white papers; or to subscribe to our newsletter news, events and alerts; or submit an inquiry we may ask you to fill out a form with information such as your name, e-mail address, job title and company or provide such information to our chatbot. From the moment you engage in one of the aforementioned actions, we will be able to relate the information listed above about your device, your browser and to the way you navigate our website content directly to you.
if you do not give us the information we seek
When you visit our website, you can refuse to provide us with your personal data. However if you do not give us the requested information, we may not be able to fulfill your request (for example a request to download our reports).
jump to a specific privacy page.
why do we need your personal data
Randstad processes your personal data for the purposes specified below:
- To manage the website and for system administration purposes (e.g. also for diagnosing technical problems, analyse the traffic to our website): based on the legal ground of legitimate interest of managing our website, marketing and communications strategy; and/or (b) your consent.
- For web analytics, in order to optimize the user experience (analyzing the way our pages are visited, analyzing trends, observe and measure how our visitors engage with our website) and the quality of the content provided to you (e.g. job posting): based on the legal ground of (a) legitimate interest of improving our website, marketing and communications strategy; and/or (b) your consent.
- If you choose to engage with our chatbots, download our reports or white papers or to subscribe to news, events and alerts, fill in webforms, we will use the information you provide us to send you the content requested, to communicate with you (including, where you agree, to send you related information that might be of interest to you) and to improve our marketing and communication strategy: Randstad can send whitepapers, newsletters, events and alerts where you have given consent to receive this. If you are no longer interested in these Randstad messages you will always be provided with the option to opt-out from receiving such communications.
- For managing specific inquiries: based on the legal ground of (a) Legitimate interest of improving our website, marketing and communications strategy; and/or (b) your consent.
- Cooperating with law enforcement agencies/courts, management of legal disputes/claims: Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Randstad, which include the protection of company assets, protecting its legal interests and managing legal claims/disputes.
with whom do we share your personal data
If you choose to download our reports or white papers; or to subscribe to our newsletter news, events and alerts; or submit an inquiry we may ask you to fill out a form with information such as your name, e-mail address, job title and company or provide such information to our chatbot. From the moment you engage in one of the aforementioned actions, we will be able to relate the information listed above about your device, your browser and to the way you navigate our website content directly to you. In such situations where we can identify you, we may need to share your personal data in order to process such data for the above mentioned purposes.
We outsource a number of services to contracted service suppliers (CSPs) from time to time. Such CSPs may be located overseas. As part of the outsourcing arrangement with a CSP, they may need access to some of your personal data.
Typically our CSPs would include:
- software solutions providers;
- I.T. contractors and database designers and Internet service suppliers;
- legal and other professional advisors;
- insurance brokers, loss assessors and underwriters;
- background checking and screening agents; and
- talent marketplace platforms.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that terms of service with our CSPs recognise that we are bound by obligations under the PDPO to protect the privacy of your personal data and that they will not do anything that would cause us to breach those obligations.
Once we establish and maintain an employment, staffing or placement relationship with you, we use the data you provided to us, to comply with laws and regulations, including but not limited to employment law, tax and social security and national and international sanctions regulation compliance. For the purposes mentioned above, Randstad may transfer your personal data to other Randstad entities that provide services on behalf of Randstad.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if all or a substantial part of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case the personal data that we hold about you may be one of the transferred assets.
When we share your personal data as described above, your personal data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Hong Kong. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Hong Kong as described herein. Where we transfer your personal data to a country outside of Hong Kong, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPO.
We will only send direct marketing materials to you if you have consented or if you have indicated no objection to receive such direct marketing materials. We cannot use your personal data for direct marketing unless we have received your consent or indication of no objection. In all direct marketing materials, we will give you the option to unsubscribe from receiving further marketing communications.
access & correction
If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. If we are unable to respond to your request within forty (40) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance).