about the company. Our client is the investment banking and securities arm of one of the largest financial institutions in the world. They're a Global Fortune 500 firm with more than 70k employees around the world. Their Hong Kong office is the HQ of not only Hong Kong but also the Australia, Singapore and Korea office. This will let you be indipendent and at the same time you'll have the chance to work with different teams in the APAC region. about the team.
The infrastructure engineering team is both a Run and Change the Bank team, it consists of highly motivated subject matter experts who have both the vision and aptitude to drive new technology initiatives.
The team covers all aspects of infrastructure technologies such as Cloud, Virtualization, End user Computing, Automation & DevOps, Network & Voice as well as emerging solutions.
The team acts as 3rd Level escalation for BAU systems, where a combination of in-depth knowledge and strict vendor management skills are essential.
about the job.
As a Workspace Technology Specialist, you will design and maintain the various end user computing solutions within the region.
You would be required to communicate and work in partnership with both the business and global IT teams to continuously ensure technology stays current and relevant within the business.responsibilities -Support and maintain within the Asia perimeter, including but not limited to:
- Windows Desktop Solutions
- Deployment and management tools (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, BigFix, Intel AMT etc)
- Virtualization (Windows Virtual Desktops/Citrix)
- Mobility Solutions such as Laptops, mobile phones, tablets (VPN’s, Remote Access, Multi Factor Authentication)
- Messaging (Teams, Exchange, Air watch)
- Cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Office 365)
- Hardware refresh and standardization (Firmware, Drivers etc)
- Security tools such as Anti-Virus, Endpoint Detection & Response
-Lead and participate on projects, including but not limited to:
- Design and deployment of gold builds & base software
- Baseline security patch management
- Vulnerability & security assessment and remediation
- Software deployment / upgrades
- Office setup / Office moves
-Report, follow up and escalate if necessary, any incident in a timely manner and ensure it has been logged
-Liaise with local and regional Desktop Operation teams to ensure design standards are being deployed without issue or incident.
-Vendor management and relationship with procurement team
-Help to define the strategy related to their perimeter.
- 5 Years +
- Eligibility to work in local market
- Professional qualifications ie: MCSE, MC:Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty, ITIL are an advantage.