about the company.A reputable international law firm is currently looking for a Risk & Compliance Officer to work closely with their team across the region, covering Greater China and APAC countries. The role involves being responsible for client due diligence and conflict management as well as dealing with ad hoc compliance quieries and projects. about the job.
- Understaking conflict searches, analysing reports, recommending course of action to senior management and prushing issues to resolution
- Act as a point of escalation between the business acceptance team and lawyers, providing recommendations and first draft advice on key risks issues
- Communicating policy updates, training and key business updates
- Ensuring that the regulations are adhered to within the Firm
- Carrying out research on companies, assessing strategic fit, reputation risk, sanctions exposure on potential clients and matters
- Provide critical analysis of risk assessment on clients and matters
- Assisting compliance officers with accurate system knowledge and technique to navigate and use the firm's global conflict database
- Assisting with projects and other initiative to deliver the team's strategy
skills & experiences required.
- Degree holder, ideally in law but not a must
- Ability to draft clearly and explain complex issues
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- At least 3-4 years of working experience in a compliance or legal function
- Good command in English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
If interested, please click "apply" or please contact JJ How via firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion...