about the company.
Our client is a leading EU buying office with over 10,000 stores globally. Hong Kong, being one of the regional headquarters, is now expanding and therefore would like to invite a passionate and experienced QA/QC professional to join their team in Hong Kong.about the job.
As a Quality Manager (Hardgoods/ Electronics), you are responsible for
- Perform audits and inspections when requested.
- Produce comprehensive reports, such as traffic light reporting of QC team inspections results, non-conformance and suppliers/ factories activities by working closely with the process improvement team.
- Take initiative in driving improvement, streamlining and efficiency of the quality control processes.
- Communicate and coordinate with key stakeholders including suppliers, quality assurance and merchandising teams in all quality issues during the mass production stage.
- Ensure all production occurs in line with the ethical sourcing policies and SOP of the company.
- Ensure IAN's in development are planned in accordance with the lead time of factories.
- Conduct PP meetings and handover meetings with factories.
- Ensure production quality across the production process of each product by properly documenting PP meeting agreements and notes.
- Perform product/ progress risk assessment.
- Manage, review and improve the team performance.
- Allocate team resources for different projects to meet both on time delivery and production quality standard.
- Develop and streamline the inspection checklist/ SOP and defect classifications.
- Provide manufacturing technical support and establish key measures to reduce manufacturing cost while improve the quality and production efficiency.
- Headcount planning, training and career development of team members.
- Provide technical support and insights by engaging in kick off meetings, qa meetings, risk assessments, supplier/ third party lab meetings as requested.
To be successful at this position, you need
- Education background in engineering, supply chain or related disciplines.
- At least 10 year experience in a QA/QC role, handling hardgoods/ electronics/ tools products with a good understanding in manufacturing environment.
- At least 3 year experience of managing a team of QA/QC.
- Knowledge in AQL for product inspection.
- Good presentation and project management skills.
- 20%-25% travel is expected when the border is reopen.
- Good command of both spoken and written Cantonese, English and Mandarin is a must.