about the company.
My client is a well-known insurance company in Hong Kong and they are currently looking for an IT Director who has a strong track record in application/system development. The right candidate will lead one of the teams in the IT department and external resources for planning and implementing the projects for their in-house platform based on the group IT strategies for supporting the business growth.
about the job.
- Act as one of the thought leaders in the department to lead the application team, design the application architecture, and oversee the activities
- Work closely with the senior business stakeholders to define, align and deliver the IT strategies, roadmap, policies, budget and action plans, etc.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge and skills across applications development areas to provide technical oversight
- Participate in team/3rd parties vendors' performance management and ensure the delivery will be on time and the quality is able to meet the agreed standard
- Review and manage manpower, budget, and timeline based on project priorities
- Attend strategies and planning meetings with the leadership team and other senior stakeholders to serve as a subject matter expert and suggest workable solutions for the business needs
- Advise and suggest new solutions to the business based on the market trend
skills & experiences required.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Computer Science/Business Administration or related discipline
- Minimum 12+ years of experience in the IT sector including software design & development and project delivery etc.
- At least 5 years at the managerial level with strong people management skills; prior experience in managing both onshore team and offshore team/external resources is preferred
- Strong background in software development with Java 8 (or above), Spring Boot, and microservices; full stack development background with React is a plus
- Prior experience in Redis/Splunk/MySQL/Kafka is preferred
- Experience in the public cloud (such as Azure), and CI/CD tools including Docker, Kubernetes, and Jenkins would be advantageous
- Knowledge of SDLC, IT policies, web application architecture design and development with a track record and exposure to large-scale projects
- Good understanding of the best industry practices and standards
- Good interpersonal, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- PMP/SCM Certification is a plus
- Proficient in spoken Cantonese, Mandarin and English is a must
- Insurance/Banking/Financial Services industry/project background would be an advantage but not a must
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity please don’t delay and click APPLY NOW or for more information, you can reach out to Kelvin Chu on email@example.com...