A leading global supply chain company is looking to expand their Internal Audit Team and thus looking for someone with senior leadership experience to head up the team Globally. Reporting to the global CFO with a dotted line to the CEO this role is perfect for someone who wants to work with C-suite executives globally while leading a large team.
What does the role involve?
- Working in conjunction with the Executive team to assist them in the identification of strategic and emerging risks and subsequent articulation to relevant parties.
- Facilitating key risk workshops to support management in understanding the risks facing the business, including emerging risks, and their design of appropriate risk management techniques.
- Developing a risk-based, flexible, and commercially focused audit plan, considering the input of senior management, for review and approval by the Audit Committee. The plan will incorporate both existing business processes and systems and those under development (program assurance).
- Providing high-quality and thorough audit activity through a range of approaches using appropriate audit techniques, utilizing the full skills and expertise of the audit team.
- Offering recommendations on potential internal control enhancements that are both practical and sustainable.
- Providing controls and risk expertise, advice, and other consulting activities to the business upon request and where appropriate such as fraud and Whistleblowing investigations.
- Active involvement in key projects and providing real-time assurance on planned business processes.
What experience do you need?
- Candidate must have previous experience acting as a Head of Department with direct exposure to the Audit Committee and Executive team.
- A dynamic and inspirational person, capable of leading the function, influencing change at a senior level and being an ambassador for it across the organization.
- Robust and resilient individual who is prepared to convey their point of view but which must have unbiased reasoning behind it.
- Ability to align internal audit and risk management activity so it is viewed, to the extent possible, as seamless and value-adding by the business.
- Significant understanding of modern internal audit and risk management best practice, including experience of risk-based audit assessment within an internal control framework of comparable size and complexity.
For more information please apply directly to this advert or send your CV to Andre Springett, firstname.lastname@example.org...