about the company.
Internationally leading reinsurance company
about the team.Cooperation is valued within and among the teams
about the job.
- You will have to maintain accounting records, perform monthly closing and consolidation on IFRS basis for both GI and L&H reinsurance businesses in an accurate, complete and timely manner, including transaction booking and foreign currency revaluation
- You will be coordinating the monthly operational and financial review process for reporting to Executive Committee and Shareholders, ensuring financial are presented in a clear and concise manner with insightful commentary written.
- You will be providing support to IFRS 17 BAU implementation and related financial disclosure.
- You will also provide high quality financial analysis, ensure good data quality by performing various reconciliations to facilitate business steering and decision making.
- You are required to identify and understand the key drivers of the financial results; closely monitor and rigorously challenge the reasonableness of the figures; and provide support in producing regular forecasts during the course of the year to ensure targets are met and managed effectively via interactive coordination with all functions
- You will assist in preparing robust reports for submission to the Insurance Authority, various regulators, credit rating agencies and Government bodies, like Census Department etc on a timely basis.
- You have to provide support to planning/projection processes by providing financial estimates/ scenarios based on business planned, taking into account the requirements of the Insurance Authority and various regulators, to evaluate and monitor the operating and strategic initiatives
- You have to be responsible for drive process automation and finance system implementation by involving in UAT, providing progress report and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
- You and your team will co-ordinate with Actuaries, Underwriting and Technical Accounting Functions etc to drive the agreed working procedures / processes and take the initiative to identify areas of improvement to ensure operational efficiency.
- You will be involved in the preparation of the financial statements for interim review and year-end audit; work closely with the auditors to ensure the financial statements are presented in a fair and true manner
- You will help maintaining effective internal controls over financial operations and address any control issues on a timely basis
- You also have to prepare ad-hoc reports/presentations/analysis for management and other stakeholders
skills & experiences required.
- Degree holder in accountancy or related disciplines
- Qualification from a professional accountancy body, e.g. ACCA, HKICPA
- Minimum 8 years of experience in auditing, financial accounting and reporting
- Solid experience in insurance and/or reinsurance for both GI and L&H businesses
- Strong knowledge in accounting standards, with good understanding of IFRS 17 and IFRS 9; a plus for experience with regulations of the Insurance Authority
- Good knowledge in internal controls relevant to finance operations and reporting
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good written and spoken English and Chinese
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate in a clear manner in a multinational environment
- Proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Hyperion, SAP, Power BI)
To apply, you may click on the link. For confidential chat, you may contact esther chan +852 5548 5945 or at email@example.com to schedule a call.