Our client - a highly respected Global corporate investment bank is hiring for a Valuation Controller - AVP to facilitate their Asia Pacific Equity desk. This position plays an important role in building professional relationships with Front-Office traders through provision of technical and financial insights of the trading desk. You will be part of the international Finance department. Team of 6-7 based in Hong Kong. about the job. Reporting to the SVP of Valuation Control, you will:
- Perform IPV, calculation of fair value adjustments for the Equity Desk
- Monitor various valuation risks of business, implement appropriate adjustments
- Analyse product performance by working closely with Front Office, Traders, Middle Office, Risk and Valuation units
- Conduct P&L analysis, scrutinise trading activities and assess market risks exposure
- Perform valuation adjustments, calculation of reserves according to global guidelines
- Interpret P&L according to risk positions, market moves and new trades
- Collaborate with business partners and teams located in Europe and the U.S.
- Provide business advisory on valuation issues related to large concentrations, revenue on new deals/complex transactions
skills & experiences required.
- Degree holder in Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Risk Management, Accounting or related discipline
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in Valuation Control/ Product Control/ Market Risks
- Good product knowledge of vanilla, equity derivative products
- Strong numerical skills with good IT knowledge such as Excel, VBA, SQL etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to present complex data in a structured manner
- Collaborate closely with regional offices in professional manner
- Good command of spoken and written English
how to apply.
To apply online, please click on the link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Mimi Chak on + 852 2232 3420 or email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org