about the company.
over 35 years of international experience
about the team.contribute to the overall quality and timeliness of output of the Finance Department by assisting in the
development of key processes and controls which underpin the various teams from Reporting,
Planning, Capital and Pricing
about the job.
- Working with accountants and actuaries on the data elements of various strategic projects including IFRS17 and admin system migrations
- Obtain, format and reconcile accounts transaction details from various related systems in order to isolate and understand the differences, working with accountants and actuaries to recommend actions to fix
- Obtain, format and reconcile investment unit holding details and policy information from various related systems in order to isolate and understand the differences, working with accountants and actuaries to recommend actions to fix
- Obtain, format and reconcile insurance admin system data files and use MS Office and other industry-standard ETL software packages (similar to VBA) to create end-user data flat files to be consumed by Prophet (actuarial valuation system)
- Develop Prophet in order to optimise the models in terms of code, product structure, inputs, assumptions and output groups
- Design and develop data control templates which will highlight exceptions that occur once fixes have been implemented
skills & experiences required.
- This opening is restricted to undergraduates and /or fresh graduates with actuarial science, mathematical or finance related undergraduate degree and less than one year of working experience, working towards an actuarial professional qualification
- Self-starter with the ability to seek out and investigate issues and develop solutions
- Ability to work well within a team and with members of other teams and other disciplines
- Potential to develop Leadership behaviours and progress to more senior actuarial roles
- Pro active and receptive to change, a positive outlook and adherence to company values
- Constructively challenge current practice and identify improvement opportunities
- Previous working experience in Life Insurance industry would be beneficial but not essential
To apply online, please click on the link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion please contact Esther Chan on +852 5548 5945 or email: email@example.com