about the company.We are currently working with a reputable international law firm who is currently looking for a Compliance Officer to be a part of their Business Intake Team. You will be providing daily support to the business in the areas of business intake, conflicts searching/ analysis, customer due diligence (KYC) and the handling of confidential information. You will be responding to request, answer and facilite solutions to the business in relation to conflicts' policies and procedures and KYC. about the job.
- Working as a member of the Business Intake team and interact closely with attorneys and legal support staff
- Review all new requests for an information search, new client, new matter, revision, or securities search. Responsible for collecting background information on all parties involved
- Responsible for follow-up and processing of all intake requests pending action by an approver, submitter, or submitting attorney to ensure compliance
- Perform KYC AML reviews for approval by the Head of Compliance, on all existing and new clients. Collate and record KYC information, running sanctions checks and maintaining the PEP register
- Process requests for conflicts searches, perform necessary research, and complete business intake forms
- Contribute to process, procedure, and technology improvements in order to reduce risk and improve efficiency
- At least 4 years of working experience with familiarity with UK and US conflicts rules is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Mandarin is required
- Ability to think critically and be a problem solver
- Mature with great communication skills
- Knowledgable on the either of the following tools, BvD Orbis, LegalKey, Worldcheck and Capital IQ
If interested, please click "apply" or contact JJ How via firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion...